Sunday, December 16, 2007

Muscovy Duck

These friendly ducks are either hated or loved. Personally, I love them. They're friendly, quiet and not the least bit afraid of people.

There are some people in my neighborhood that would love to see them go away. Right now, the town is trying to pass a law to prevent people from feeding them and all other birds. This is ridiculous! I hope the law isn't passed.

This one is on the bank in my back yard. We have several families living here and I enjoy seeing them. In the spring, after their chicks were hatched, they brought them into the yard right up to me to show off their little chick. They were so cute. I'd really miss them if they were to go away.

Muscovies are fairly large birds and can grow up to 20 pounds. They originally came from Mexico and are a tropical bird. However, they've adapted to the climate in the United States and have been found living up north.

No comments: