Wednesday, November 26, 2008

White Ibis Fighting in the Air


I went to Lowry Zoo today with my friends, Kathy, Gary and Frank. I was lucky enough to spot these two Ibis fighting in the air.

I just held the shutter button down and hoped I caught them. What a surprise when I saw this image!

The squabble didn't last very long, but it was exciting to watch them. Nothing became of it. They just landed and each went their own way.

It's really something; I have flocks of White Ibis in my yard all day, and I go to the zoo to photograph them. :) Actually, we went to the zoo today because it was the first day the baby White Tiger cubs were outside. They're about 2 months old. The mother had a female and male. This shot is of one of them.

You can see the mother here: Aren't they just adorable?

1 comment:

Sussie said...

Mom,

Now these are very exceptional photographs. Of course, White Tigers are my favorite and you're my Mom! LOL I love the picture even if I didn't know you or your capability to photograph.

Love you,
Sussie