Sunday, December 28, 2008

Red-shouldered Hawk


As promised, here is the photo of the Red-shouldered Hawk. I like the way he seems to be looking down his nose (beak) at me, like he's so superior.

I would've missed him if someone on the trail didn't point him out to me. He was right at eye level sitting on this branch. That's a place we never think to look for birds, since they're usually overhead.

With the way I love to take photos of birds, I have a hard time splitting my view between up in the trees and down on the ground. This guy was easy. I can't believe he just stayed there and let me make all the photos I wanted. He didn't seem afraid or bothered at all.

He sure is a beauty.

2 comments:

The BBQ Guy said...

Nice red shouldered hawk photo. I'm envious.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Sony fan. I appreciate your feedback.