Friday, April 3, 2009

Boat-tailed Grackle


I finally found the secret to getting a decent capture of this bird. I've been trying to photograph these Boat-tailed Grackles for years, and if I could show the eye, then I'd loose the iridescence of his plumage. The secret is, I think, to photograph them on a cloudy day. At least that's what I did this time.

Anyone that knows me knows I love anything iridescent. My favorite gemstone is the Opal, my favorite sea shell stone is Abalone and as you can see, I love the iridescence in the plumage of birds. The Grackle is one of my favorites.

I'm happy with the way I captured this bird. Everything I hoped to capture was captured without the need for a lot of post processing. It's a great way to end a day of photographing nature with my friends. One can't ask for anything more in life.

No comments: