Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mother and Babies


We have two pair of Mottled Ducks that come back every year to breed and have their young. This is the first time the mother has taken them for a swim in the lake this spring.

It's always so exciting to see the new chicks. There are so many birds on the lake where I live and I always look forward to the spring when I can meet their young.

She looks so proud to be showing them off for all to see. The Mottled Ducks will be here for about 2 more months before they start to head back to where ever they came from.

I've lived here 2 1/2 years and this is the second clutch I've seen from this pair. They're so adorable, aren't they?

If you like my work and would like to see more of it, check out my website here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be so wonderful to see every year. Thanks for sharing this...