Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cumulominbus Cloudscape


Florida has some of the most amazing clouds. This one was shot a few weeks ago in Safety Harbor, FL at the marina.

Cloudscapes are pretty easy to capture. All you do is meter for the sky, watch your histogram to be sure you don't overexpose, and there you have it. Sunsets and sunrises are captured the same way.

Sometimes I might underexposed by 1 stop for sunsets and sunrises to get more saturation in the colors.

I also shoot just clouds to use to sandwich with another photo when it's overcast with gray skies. Blending the images, if done right creates a beautiful photo from a dull gray day. The added benefit is that the overcast sky has a softer, more diffused light and saturates the colors, so by blending, I get the best of both worlds.

If you like my work and would like to see more, visit my website here.

Until next time,
Loyce

No comments: