Thursday, July 31, 2008

Safety Harbor Marina







I'm still experimenting with HDR processing of my photos and I thought I'd compare them side-by-side to see which I like better. The photo on the left of Safety Harbor Marina at sunset is HDR, while the one on the right was processed normally in PhotoShop.

Both were from the same shot, both exposed in RAW format. The difference is with the HDR photo, I put the camera on a tripod and created 3 shots: 1 normal exposure, 1 underexposed by 2 stops and the other 1 overexposed by 2 stops. The normally processed photo was the middle shot with no over or under exposure.

I'm still trying to decide which way I prefer. I guess HDR has its place, maybe for architecture and interior work. I'll just have to keep playing with it until I can make up my mind.

Any comments?

If you like my work, and would like to see more of it, visit my website by clicking here.

Loyce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this sailboats at harbor photo; it's a little bit eerie. Like a post-apocolyptic view. Best wishes to you!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your nice comment, Cathryn. It is much appreciated.

Loyce