Friday, February 10, 2012

Tallahassee

While on a 10-day business trip to Tallahassee, I've decided to spend my days off sightseeing. Today was my first day off, so I went to the Tallahassee Museum.

This museum is mainly outside. It specializes in Tallahassee's history and it reminds me of Heritage Village in Largo.

There are many historical buildings built and used around the turn of the century in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

This shot is of the Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church. I have no idea why I didn't think to take a shot of the stained glass windows, but I was more interested in the altar and the view from the back of the church.

This second shot is of the Concord Schoolhouse. It served as a one-room school from 1898 until 1968. It was originally built for the children of slaves.

No comments: