Sunday, November 23, 2014

Worm's Eye View

Worm's Eye View

If you've been following my blog, or following me on Facebook, you know I've been working on photographing something out of my comfort zone. I've been bored with the "same old, same old" straight shots. So I've been experimenting with various self-assignments.

I'm a member on DPS (DigitalPhotographySchool.com), and last week's assignment was "Worm's Eye View". I had one day to complete the assignment, and it was raining outside. So much for laying on the ground to photograph something. I kept walking around the house, wondering what to do and  was determined to do something different.

Finally, I thought of this umbrella, probably because it was raining, and opened it, set it on the floor and was wondering what I could do with it. I laid down, got under it, and saw this graphic star.

I'm still not sure about this image; if it works, if it doesn't. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. Let me know in the comments.

No comments: