Saturday, August 23, 2008

Gulf Fritillary


Gulf Fritillary butterflies are, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful butterflies around. Lucky for me, they're very common in Florida and can be seen year 'round.

This one was captured while on my regular Monday evening meetup in Safety Harbor, FL. This meetup is about 80% social with a little bit of shooting here and there.

I try to get there early so I have some time to shoot before the crowd arrives. We started this meetup in April with 5 of our group members attending. It has grown to maybe 30 members on an average showing up every Monday evening. It's a great way to get to know one another better and to exchange tips and techniques with each other. I've learned a lot from these members--some complete novices and some of them pros.

We always end the meetup with a large group of us going over to the Taste Cafe for a bite to eat or something to drink. Robin, the owner of the Taste, has had to add more help on Monday evenings, but always makes us feel welcome. The food is great, too.

If you like my work, please leave a comment, and if you'd like to see more, visit my website by clicking here. If you live in the Tampa Bay area, and would like to join our Meetup Group, you can find the group here.

Loyce

1 comment:

renh said...

Hi Loyce!

This is Renee, Robin's daughter. Thanks for the shout out! He LOVES having you all and updates me everytime you come in! Your photos are beautiful! Keep up that great eye!