Friday, August 22, 2008

Ybor Centro


Wednesday night, my friends from my club and I went to a class given by my friend, Jim Sykes, who is an accomplished photographer with a studio in Ybor City, Tampa, Florida.

Just before the class, I was walking around enjoying the city and the old architecture. This building marks the center of the city. Ybor City is not really a city but an older section of Tampa. The city of Tampa was founded by Cuban immigrants who brought the cigar making industry to Tampa.

As you can see by the sign on this building, there are 20 theaters in this center as well as many quaint shops. It doesn't really come alive until nighttime when there are literally hundreds of people walking around enjoying the night life. It's a completely different atmosphere during the day.

If you like my work, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment. To see more of my work, visit my website by clicking here. Thanks for viewing.

Loyce

No comments: