Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ybor City Walk


I've been playing around trying to get the "photojournalist" out of me by trying to be more creative. I'm not sure how this is going to work out, but this is one of my latest experiments.

This is a study in lines and textures. It's a portion of the Movico 20 sign/marque for the theater at Ybor Centro in Ybor City, Tampa, FL.

I like the various curves of the marque, balanced with just a bit of the siding on the building, showing a little brick and a partial palm tree. I believe the round-looking this is supposed to be a movie reel. This is gorgeous lit up and I'll have to try it once more at night to show the lights.

I've also been experimenting with different processing techniques, mainly the grunge look which seems so popular these days. Here is an example of the look. I really need your opinion about this. The original version is the lighter version. The man is a homeless man and he's creating flowers from palm fronds. He charges for them. I need to give him credit, since he's not panhandling. He's giving you something for a donation.

I think since he's homeless, he looks too clean. So, I gave the image a grunge look to make it appear more realistic.



Which version do you prefer?

If you like my work, please leave a comment. If you would like to see more of it, please visit my website here.

Thanks for looking.

Loyce

No comments: