Monday, May 25, 2009

Framed by Palms

I'm always looking for different angles when I'm out photographing. During the Tampa Trolley Tour with my group last Saturday, I spotted this scene just begging to be photographed.

I like the way the Palms frame the facade of the Embassy Suites Hotel in Tampa. Our group spent some time there on our first Trolley Tour but we concentrated on photographing the inside of this beautiful hotel located across the street from the Tampa Convention Center. I'm not sure how many stories it rises up but I think this image displays it's height effectively.

Normally, it's not considered "good photography" to show a building tilted like this, but in this case I chose to break the "rules" in an effort to show how high this building really is. This inside is just as beautiful as the outside and one of the most unusually decorated or laid out hotels I've seen.

3 comments:

Hameed Nori said...

Hello! great photos
very nice

Unknown said...

I think the photo 'works' great. And just like an excellent docent at a fine art museum, your explanation of the photograph adds to it's impact. Nice work Loyce!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much, Hameed and Gary. Your comments are truly appreciated.