Thursday, May 28, 2009

Golden Lion Tamarin


Since I haven't been out shooting since my Lowry Zoo trip, I'm posting another photo from there.

This is a Golden Lion Tamarin. It's pretty easy to see how he got his name. I like the way he's laying on this log. It makes a good portrait. Believe it or not, this is not desaturated at all; the colors are just the way they came out of the camera. Behind him is a "rock" background and the perch is actually this color.

I like the way the light was hitting his coat. It really shows off the sheen and the color. His expression is kind of sad, though.

I shot this using fill flash (- 1 stop) because of the back light and I wanted to show some detail in his face. I think this technique worked very well and it helped to put some nice catch lights in his eyes.

No comments: