Monday, May 18, 2009

Monica


I've been playing around with post-processing techniques lately, and I like this effect. It's the new, edgy or grunge effect that's so popular these days. I think this effect looks better on a guy, but I still kind of like how this looks on Monica.

This is another technique I've been trying. It's a cross-processing technique that I learned from my friend and mentor, Jim Sykes. If you'd like to see some of his work, it can be found at here. This technique I just call the blue thing, it's again of Monica and although it's not quite there yet, I like this way it looks. Now all I have to do is perfect it.

2 comments:

Jim S said...

Nice, looks like you've got a good handle on working the "blue thing". I've always been partial to strong blues in photographs and that technique is pretty cool with the right subject material.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jim. I really like that blue color as well.

Thank you for showing me how to do it.