Sunday, May 24, 2009

Homeless Laundry Day

I think I've mentioned before in my blog that I started as a Photojournalist. I try hard to capture my photos in the camera and not in Photoshop, but as a photojournalist, the editor wants as much as one can possibly get in the frame so he/she can crop as they like. Consequently, when creating my nature and other photography I have to make a conscious effort to crop in camera--not in post processing.

While on our group's monthly Trolley Tour of Tampa, FL, I came upon this scene from behind Tampa's Performing Arts Center on the Hillsborough River. If you look closely, you can see the legs of the woman that these clothes belong to. Times are hard with unemployment rates in our country being the highest in years. Banks are closing, too many homes are in foreclosure and this unfortunately is how way too many people end up--living under a bridge. I have to give it to this woman, though, she's at least trying to keep her clothes clean.

It's such a sad state of affairs and I can only hope our new President can come up with a solution before we have another depression like we had in the '30s.

No comments: