Saturday, April 24, 2010

Lantana

There are many varieties of Lantana, but this one is my favorite. I love the soft pastel pink and yellow combination. I have the solid colored lavender ones in my yard and wish I had some of these as well.

This variety is called Lantana Camara and can be found growing wild anywhere in Florida. Butterflies love them and they're a great addition to any garden--especially if you want to attract butterflies. They certainly can do the job.

I found these growing wild at Sawgrass Lake Park in St Petersburg, Florida. Sawgrass lake is one of my favorite places to go when I want to get out and shoot nature. There are boardwalks throughout the park and a few walking trails. I've never gone there and failed to see an Alligator or two and Armadillos. I've also seen many varieties of snakes and birds as well.

This park is small, safe and free. The free part is the best part of it because it's one of the few places left in Florida that you can visit and not spend a dime. It's great for budget minded people.

4 comments:

H.S.N PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Excellent shots! I ammm so happy to found your nice photography. peace

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Hameed. I'm glad you found my blog as well.

What Karen Sees said...

Lovely flowers and I too love pinks mixed with yellows.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Karen.