Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Double-crested Cormorant

My friends and I were on our way to Boca Ciega Millennium Park today when we spotted Lake Seminole Park on the way. We decided to stop there first and check it out and found it's a great place to shoot.

This is one of many shots I took today. I always have trouble with the exposure with these black birds, but I like the way this one turned out. I rarely can catch those beautiful green eyes, but this time it came out perfect. A little something got lost in the jpg conversion, but the full shot is one of my best (if I must admit it).

These Cormorants are usually pretty skittish, but this guy let us get fairly close--to my surprise.

I plan on going back to that park often--it's a super place for wild life, birds and beautiful scenery. It just doesn't get any better than that.

1 comment:

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

great work my friend , such beautiful work and intrasting shats.
nice to meet you photojournalist.