Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gulf Fritillary


Besides all the Swallowtails, these are one of my favorites to photograph. I love their color and by growing Lantana, which is their favorite food, it's easy to see many of them.

We are so lucky to be living in Florida where we can see butterflies year 'round.

It took me years of practice to be able to get a decent shot of a butterfly. I've noticed one thing from all the shots I've taken along the way, is that butterflies and birds are elusive at first try, but after a long time of missing them all together you finally get the shot. After that first shot it's easy to repeat it again and again. I guess it takes a while to get the timing right to be able to capture these guys.

Two of my favorite things to shoot are butterflies and birds. Fortunately for me there are plenty of opportunities where I live to practice. I don't even have to leave the house.

No comments: