Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blue Mist Flower

This Blue Mist Flower, found in Sawgrass Lake Park, took some research to figure out what it was. It took four books until I finally found it. I didn't expect to find it in a Gardening book, since I assumed it was just a wildflower.

It's scientific name is Caryopteris clandonensis. It is in the Verbenaceae family. According to the "Southern Living Garden Book", it is an Asian native and is valued for their contribution of cool blue color to flower borders from mid-summer to frost.

I was attracted to its delicateness and the blue color. As many times as I've been in Sawgrass Lake Park, I don't remember ever seeing it before. It must've been planted by the birds.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you and miss you .
love nate.

Anonymous said...

gramy when can you put on the pictures of the fases on your website that we took in our backyard. love nate.

Anonymous said...

i love you gramy
love lexilecanc

Anonymous said...

i love you gramy and i miss you a
lot grandma.
love,Noah

Mango said...

How can I possibly comment on the beauty of your blue mist flower when there is even more beauty in the messages from your grandchildren! You are loved by so many, Loyce. It's your karma!

Anonymous said...

I love you gramy love alexis

Anonymous said...

All of us love you love nick nate noah alexis austin

Unknown said...

Aren't they just adorable? They're not allowed to have email or IM's (and I can't say that I blame their father), so this is one way they can message me and their father approves. :)

They're just so cute and I love them all.

Thanks, Margo.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Nick, Nate, Noah, Lexi and Austin. Grammy loves and misses you all, too. I'll come back to see you soon. That's a promise!

Love,
Grammy