Monday, May 17, 2010

Mottled Duck Family

This little family is not the same family as the one I posted previously. I never did see them again. These ducklings are almost ready to fledge. Every afternoon, they come up to my patio doors and knock on it while peeking in. I think they're peeping toms.

The first time they did it, I was home alone. The blinds on the patio door were closed and I kept hearing this knocking sound. When I went over to check to see what was going on, I saw these cute little ducklings knocking on the door. Since then, they've been doing it every day.

I have no idea what they're looking for, but I do know they come in the yard every time I'm sitting out there. They're just so cute! I'm going to hate to see them fledge.

4 comments:

Mango said...

I wish I had a duck family! I love the action in this shot, a feeling of motion, letting us see them come forward. It's very cute the way they look in at you. Lucky ducks!

Unknown said...

Aren't they just the cutest little things? I'm going to really miss them.

We've also got a Moorhen family. She doesn't bring them close enough for me to get a decent shot, though. Those Moorhens don't trust anyone.

Jim S said...

Love the framing composition.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jim. They're such a pleasure to have around.