Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Pine Cones Macro

You've all probably wondered where I've been in the last few weeks. I've been traveling a lot, visiting my kids and grandkids. Last week, I went to Connecticut to celebrate my son's 50th birthday.

My son didn't want to have a birthday party, but he wanted to get all the siblings together and have a huge reunion. My sisters and brothers, Joe's wife, Donna's, sister and brothers, and Joe's sisters and brother were all invited. It was a great party, and it was awesome to have all my siblings in one place at the same time. My youngest brother was born after I was married, so unless there was a funeral, we were never together. All my siblings still live in Connecticut, where we grew up except for me. My daughter-in-law took a photo of the five of us. It's the first time we've ever had a photo of all of us taken. My brother didn't really want to take the photo, but I insisted stating that at our ages, (40's, 50's & 60's) anything could happen. He finally relented and I'm thrilled to have this photo.

While I was walking around in Joe and Donna's yard, which is more like a botanical gardens, with all their little garden areas and it's perfect grooming, I came across this low branch on a pine tree where the little pine cones are just starting to grow. I couldn't resist a macro shot of it. Being so short (5'0"), I rarely get to see something like this.

2 comments:

Mango said...

Yippee! You are back! Congratulations on the family reunion--reconnections are beautiful. And so are the pine cones. I love the framing, the upward motion of the needles gives an energy to the shot. I've really missed your photography!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I'm back. Now all I need to do is get back into the habit of posting every day--and, get caught up on the blogs I follow. Right now, the only one I've caught up with is yours.

Thank you for such a nice comment, Margo.