Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Marginal Way Lighthouse



This is one of the smallest lighthouses you'll ever find. It's called the Marginal Way Lighthouse and it sits on the Marginal Way Trail in Ogunquit, Maine.

It is not operational and if you noticed the slot on the door, it's there for donations to keep the lighthouse and the trail maintained. This trail is so easy to walk it's often called "the walk for old ladies". It is also the most walked trail in all of Maine because of its scenic beauty along the coast.

The path is just a little bit over a mile long, and there are many benches to rest along the way. It starts at Ogunquit Beach and goes all the way to Perkins Cove, which is another picturesque place to visit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Another perfect capture from the classic "Perfect Photographer". I love your narrative about this little lighthouse - sounds like my kind of a hike!

Diane K

Unknown said...

You're right, Diane. I did it in a cast and cam boot. You can't imagine the beautiful scenery I saw there. I took 383 photos that day. I wish I could post them all. Maybe I will on Shutterfly or Flickr. They're all gorgeous.

Thanks for your comment.

Jim S. said...

Glad to see that you had such a good time walking around and shooting such interesting things on the coast.

Unknown said...

You bet I did, Jim. This was the best vacation ever! Every day was a new adventure; and what a beautiful place!