Sunday, March 15, 2009

Church Steeple, Springfield, MA


I'm still trying to get caught up on my editing. This was taken in Springfield, MA while on my vacation to CT and NY in January.

I like the post-card feel to this image and how the church steeple is obscured by the bare tree. New England is known for it's amazing old churches. They have been seen on calendars, book covers and probably been photographed more in New England than in most of the United States.

Even though I'm primarily a nature photographer, I also love to photograph old architecture. There isn't much of it in Florida, since it was settled around the turn of the century (1900's). The really old, beautiful architecture can be found throughout New England--especially in Massachusettes and CT. This old church is no exception.

I would have liked to photograph the entire steeple, but I photographed it from a moving car and I was too close for the lens I had on my camera. I plan to go back there again and try to better this capture.

1 comment:

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

excellent post my freind , infect you have great experiance in photographer familly.