Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Prairie Coneflower


This image was made during our regular Monday night Meetup last night. It was sprinkling off and on, and rather cool, but the flowers didn't show how we all felt, freezing down by the water.

I've been experimenting with a new technique where I'm increasing the saturation to boost the color. I kind of like the way it made this lone flower pop.

The garden at the park is setup mostly to attract butterflies and has a mixture of Blue Salvia, Oleander, Indian Blanket flowers, Sunflowers, Roses, Black-eyed Susans and a few I haven't identified as yet. There are several little small areas with the flowers around trees and it's a wonderful place to capture these beautiful flowers--and butterflies. I especially like the Indian Blanket flowers with their beautiful colors.

We've been meeting at the same place since last April, and you'd think we could never come up with something new to capture. It's amazing, that every week, someone spots something and takes it in a different way that makes us say, "Now why didn't I see that?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice image of that flower. I happened to be at this garden prior to meeting everyone at the pier and although I recognized a few of the species planted there and ironically, this was one that I specifically wondered about. You've answered that question for me now, thanks.