Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh the Places You Go!

Another image from my trip to The Quadrangle in Springfield, MA in January. This Dr Seuss exhibit is so amazing that I keep going back to it over and over again.

The image of this book carved out of bronze could not be made in one frame due to it being so large. It stands about 9 ft tall and I can't even guestimate how wide it is. Even using a wide-angle lens, I had to shoot it in 2 frames. If I took it in one frame, I'd have had to stand so far back, the words would not have been legible, and there would've been so much foreground it wouldn't have worked. So, with the magic of Photoshop, I was able to merge the 2 photos together so these 2 pages are easily read.

In the foreground on the left, I let Dr Seuss's desk stay in the photo, as well as the chair in front of the book. Of course, I had no choice with the chair--unless I wanted to do tons of cloning.

As you can see by the number of photos from this exhibit that I've posted, I really enjoyed it--and, I'm not even into Dr Seuss. My children were all grown up way before he became popular.

The one on the left is another one that had to be merged from 2 shots. It is of Yertle the Turtle. Every character from the book was depicted in this exhibit.

If you ever get a chance to visit New England, you'll have to check out this exhibit. If you don't want to freeze, don't go in January, like I did. It was only 11 deg. F the day I went.

No comments: