Thursday, March 12, 2009

University of Tampa Minaret

This was taken in back in January, just before I left for vacation. I must apologize for going back to my files for posting since I had a long day today and haven't done any editing.

I've never shot these minarets in total darkness before because I like to see some blue in the sky; but with the black background, I think it sets off the minaret better than if it were taken with a blue sky.

The University of Tampa, Plant Hall building has always fascinated me. It reminds me a little bit of Moscow (at least of the picture of Moscow that I've seen). I just love that architecture.

I'm always trying to expand my comfort zone by shooting what I'm not used to. I find it enhances my abilities--even though my experiments don't always come out to my liking. This one, though, I like. (I got lucky.) I also had a little bit of help with the campus lighting.

No comments: