Thursday, August 27, 2009

Man in Conflict

I noticed this guy while walking at Bay Walk with my grandson. He seems to have some kind of problem, judging by what he's wearing, or he's protesting something. This is just a grab shot, but I've never seen anything like this before and I wondered what he's all about.

His pants, if you can call them that are made of various patches from different types of material, either sewed, strung or tied together wrapped around his legs.That vest, and his unkempt hair says the rest. Conflict, disorder, partisan, and that drawing makes me wonder what on earth he's protesting or trying to say.

I caught up with him again and wanted to take a photo of his face, but he gave me this mean look before I could even lift my camera. I didn't dare try. He looked so mean or angry. His face was split in half, sort of like Michael Jackson's black and white video, but one side of his face had a long, thick, black beard and a thick mustache, while the other side was clean shaven. I guess it takes all kinds.

I won't give you all the technical details on how this was shot since it was only a grab shot, or a snap shot. I didn't have much time to think. I just shot it the way the camera was set for the previous photo.

2 comments:

Gary said...

Great story Loyce! How interesting!

Unknown said...

You have to admit, he's a strange one. I would really love to know what he's about.