Saturday, August 15, 2009

Mayo

This is Mayo, one of the girls in my newbie group. This image was made during a photo walk at Bay Walk in downtown St Petersburg in the late afternoon.

Making this image was very easy since Mayo is not camera shy at all. It's very difficult to get someone who is camera shy to look natural in a photo. This was made for her new profile shot in our group.

I was careful to compose this so her eyes would be at the top third in the frame, following the "Rule of Thirds". It was shot at ISO 400, using Partial Metering off her skin, at 109mm, which provides a perfect focal length for rendering a natural looking portrait. Other settings were 1/250 (because I was handholding the lens), at F7.1. No post-processing was needed other than conversion and resizing for the internet.

2 comments:

Mango said...

She's lovely, Loyce. I'm going to try my first portrait shot using rule of thirds--thanks for the tip! Stay tuned....

Unknown said...

Good luck, Margo. You'll do just fine, I'm sure of it. I'd love to see it when you're done.

You're very welcome for the tip. I hope it helps.