Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Window Display

St Petersburg has been running a window display contest from the 400 to the 800 block of Central Ave. I was so surprised when I found very few windows dressed for the holiday. Maybe the prize wasn't very good, but so many merchants didn't bother.

This is part of one of the nicer ones. I found this one at Shokolad Chocolatiers at 401 Central. I love how the "presents" were lit from the inside.

I have more from this photowalk with my friends and will add more as the holiday nears.

I had planned to go to one of our most beautiful boat parades tonight; but as luck would have it, I had to work late. The full moon always brings more babies. Since I've been working at the hospital, I've realized that this is no myth. This morning when I got into work, there were 16 babies waiting to be photographed. I got all but 7, so I didn't do too bad seeing as it takes between 40 minutes to an hour in each room--if the babies are sleeping. In all reality, it takes about 1 to 1 1/4 hrs. to do a good job. There will be more boat parades in different towns in the county, I'm going to try to attend one of them before the season is over.

No comments: