Monday, December 5, 2011

Stairway to ?

While strolling along 8th Ave in St Pete Beach, I found this interesting stairway. It didn't appear to be leading anywhere and it made me curious. If I hadn't been alone, I'd have ventured up the stairs, but I didn't feel very safe; actually, I was beginning to feel uneasy.

Still, I was really curious. I was with a group of photographers, but they were up the street doing their thing. I ventured down to the end of the street looking for something different to photograph; that made me feel a little skittish once I realized everyone wasn't right there with me. I was all alone, after dark, with way too much photo equipment. Talk about feeling vulnerable!

If there were stars or the moon visible in the sky, I'd really be wondering where that stairway was heading to. But you can see all I could see; nothing but a black sky.

I'm still curious, and now since my fellow photographers have seen this image, they're curious, too. Hmmm.... Should I go back there with someone?

2 comments:

blizzard said...

excellent composition perfect detail

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, John. It's nice to hook up with you again. It's been a long time.