Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eaglets

As promised, I told you all I'd post a photo of the Eaglets. This may or may not be the best shot I have; I still have to look through the (too) many photos I took of them. I've been shooting pretty much non-stop since yesterday morning.

I got up yesterday and went out to see if I could catch the Eaglets on top of the nest where I could shoot them. I stayed for about an hour and got a lot of shots. In one or two of them I caught the older of the two Eaglets trying to fly from branch to branch. If you look closely, you can see the smaller one with his beak open just under the branch to the left of the big one. I got some shots of the Eaglet try to fly from branch to branch, (I'll post when I get caught up with my editing). In the afternoon, I went on a shoot with my friends, Frank and Ford, in downtown St Petersburg. This morning, I went on a shoot with my Meetup Group, The Florida State Photography Meetup Group.

Ten of us went out to Hillsborough River State Park from 9:30 until 1:30 today. I will tell you I have a lot of photos to edit just in the last 2 days! Not to mention that I'm still working on a VIP event I just shot Friday night. I guess I'd better get started.

4 comments:

Mango said...

Yipppee! Eaglets!!! They are waaay smaller than I imagined--how can they possibly be ready to fledge?? A biologist once told me that when they leave the nest they still hang around mom and dad for a year. Nature's way I guess. Hey, I'm back in SH! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're back. Can't wait to see you.

They're pretty big; but that nest is enormous, which makes them look small.

Cindy / Aka Chymecindy said...

Hi! I you have an award in my blog. Check it out here:
http://chymecindyblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/youre-doll-award.html

Unknown said...

Very cool. Thank you ChYmEc!nDy