Friday, March 12, 2010

Melissa

If you're all wondering where I've been all week, I've been very busy editing a wedding I shot with my friend, Mark, last Sunday. It was actually Mark's wedding and I was the second shooter. This is one of my favorite photos of the bride, Melissa. She definitely made a beautiful bride; I'm sure you'll all agree. We only covered the formals and the actual wedding. The bride's father videotaped the reception afterward.

This wedding was held at the beautiful Tampa Palms Country Club in Tampa, FL.

It was a good thing the father was shooting the reception, since I shot this with a broken foot. I didn't get my cast until this Thursday, and I can tell you, with dress shoes on and walking in the grass on uneven ground, it really hurt. But, a commitment is a commitment, no matter what, so I took lots of Ibuprofen and forgot about the pain until I was all done. What a relief that was.

This was an afternoon wedding and the lighting was pretty difficult with the bright sun. Thank God for the luxury of shooting RAW files. The bride wanted to show the scenery behind her in all the photos. It was the reason she chose (and paid dearly for) this country club. I can't say that I blame her. It was beautiful.

4 comments:

What Karen Sees said...

Lovely bride, lovely photo. I know what you mean about commitment. It is very cold in Utah in February and I can't believe I said 'yes' to a wedding, where the B&G wanted photos outside. Well I toughed it out with about 20 layers of clothing on and gloves with the fingers cut out, and managed to not freeze to death!!!

Jim S said...

Loyce this is a really nice shot. Good job. Hope your foot gets better quick.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Karen. What we'll do to get the job done. I think I'd rather have had a sore foot than to freeze. That B&G must've been nuts!

Unknown said...

Thank you Jim, on both counts. At least my foot isn't hurting anymore since I got the cast. To think I waited so long and suffered unnecessarily; how silly.