Monday, November 2, 2009

Dawn at the Sunshine Skyway Bridge

Another day having to get up to check where the sunrise is and still no sunrise! Now I have to get up again tomorrow. I don't want to miss that window.

I do like this morning's dawn, though. I'm happy with this shot. I sure wish I could post it larger so it isn't so compressed. I caught it today during low tide and the water looked like glass. I think this is the first time I've ever seen the bridge reflected in the water in this spot.

I like the color, too. Nothing was done in post processing except straightening. I have to do that to all my photos where the horizon shows. I have astigmatism (I think that's how it's spelled), so everything I see as straight is crooked.

Setting used for this shot were 15 seconds at F8, -1/3 exposure compensation, in aperture priority with partial metering off the water, at ISO 200 to keep the noise down as much as possible. I used my 55-250mm IS lens.

4 comments:

Mango said...

Another amazing shot, Loyce! I'd be thrilled if I had even one of the two you've already captured but if you get up early again, I'll be eagerly waiting.

Unknown said...

I really like the colors on this one--and I didn't have to add a thing. This is exactly how it came out of my camera!

I'd love it if you'd come to one of my early morning sunrises. You'll probably be going home before I get another day off, but when you come back, I'd really like to go shooting with you.

Jim S. said...

I like the layering that the image has. Horizontal elements from top to bottom. Nice color palette too.

Unknown said...

These colors are right out of the camera. All I did was crop to straighten the horizon and export to jpg.