Monday, November 30, 2009

HDR

Well, I've bit the bullet and decided to try to do some HDR. I don't really know what I'm doing, so anyone out there with advice, is more than welcome to make a comment.

I don't like the HDR "look", but some of the stuff I've been seeing lately is downright beautiful when it's done right. I like HDR that doesn't look like HDR. This is my second one that I've tried. I'm still sitting on the block with this one, though.

This second shot (in silhouette) is the original. I shot this one at 0 ev, then one at +2 and one at -2. I think the sky doesn't look that different, but there's a lot of detail in the minaret that I was able to pull out.

What do you all think?

6 comments:

The Slim Girl said...

Nice blog!

http//theslimgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you, Cindy and Slim Girl. Much appreciated.

Jim S said...

The sky colors complement the colors in the minaret in this one and help keep it from having that over-the-top HDR look. I know what you mean about the aesthetics of HDR. I find I appreciate it more if it can be done without obvious halos around the darker objects.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Jim. That's exactly the kind of feedback I need. I really hate the look of HDR when it's overdone.

Gary said...

Very nice! I'm glad you're doing HDR even if you're not sure about it yet. Your work is great!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Gary.