Thursday, June 2, 2011

Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moth

The Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moth is in the Lasiocampidae family and it's Scientific name is: Malacosoma americanum.

This moth was on the window that leads to the deck at my daughter's house in Brooklyn, CT. It was great because I was able to photograph him from the back, then the front, and then a macro of his face. How lucky is that? You just don't get this lucky when photographing nature--especially bugs and butterflies.

I love photographing bugs, butterflies, and moths. Their faces are so interesting. Just check out the closeup here. He reminds me of ZZ Top with the dark eyes that look like he's wearing sunglasses and the long beard. What do you all think?













2 comments:

Mango said...

You're back!!! I'm so glad! This closeup is marvelous--a sweet face indeed!

Unknown said...

Oh yes, I'm back. Hopefully back on track. It seems I never have the time to keep this up. At least I have the time while I'm taking care of my daughter. She's doing a little bit better now.