Monday, June 6, 2011

Fancy Iris

My daughter has planted some fancy Irises in one of her gardens. We've been waiting for more than 2 weeks for these to finally bloom. Unfortunately, with more than 260 varieties, I'm not able to identify the name of this one. If anyone out there knows what variety this one is, I'd sure appreciate it if you could put it in the comments.

I photographed this particular bloom because I like the way it looks with the boulder in the background. It looks like I used a Photoshop technique called Selective Color. However, I didn't have to use any Photoshop on this shot.

For a better look at this shot, just click on it and a larger version will come up.

4 comments:

Mango said...

You are rockin' and rollin'! The change of scenery and extra time is really inspiring your art! This iris capture is like a ballerina--graceful, flowing, floaty, exquisite!! Great bokeh!

Unknown said...

Isn't this one of the most beautiful Irises that you've ever seen? I wish I knew the variety. My daughter never saves the tags when she plants things.

What Karen Sees said...

This is just so beautifully delicate and frilly, and you have photographed it perfectly.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Karen. I just love these Irises.