Friday, June 10, 2011

Oxeye Daisy Close-up



Sometimes showing less is more. This Oxeye Daisy (to me) lends itself to a close-up study of the center button. I like the detail and the pattern formed by the rays.


To me, it looks like the sun and rays against a sunseting sky. I've done this with several types of flowers, but these Daisies and Sunflowers seem to look their best when photographed like this. I've also tried photographing them from the back. The details are so intricate and sometimes we just pass them and don't give it a thought. Next time you're out with your camera, try checking out all the parts of a flower. You might be surprised.


To see a this image in more detail, click on the picture.

4 comments:

What Karen Sees said...

I love daisies, and your composition here adds interest and detail!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Karen. It's nice hearing from you again.

Mango said...

There is so much going on in this close-up shot--pollen grains just waiting for a pollinator! Thank you Loyce, for reminding us to slow down and really look.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Margo. In this case, less is more. I've been doing a lot of macro photography since I've been at my daughter's house. I can't go out because I'm taking care of her and macro is just perfect for taking pictures around the house.