Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bradenton, FL

Where else but Florida would you see a scene like this first thing in the morning in January.

This shot was taken from the parking garage at Manatee Memorial Hospital early this morning. I love how the Palm trees dot the horizon.

Normally, I wouldn't cut the picture in half with the horizon dead in the middle and with an uninteresting sky, but for some reason this composition works for me. Sometimes you just have to break the rules.

For my non-photographer readers out there. the "rules" or guidelines of composition state that the horizon should not be dead center in the middle but rather at the intersection of thirds. For me, I just like this shot this way.

For my photographer followers, does this work for you as well? Let me know what you think in the comments section.

2 comments:

Mango said...

Totally works for me. Gives feeling of vastness to water and sky. Sometimes rules are not to be followed. Nice work, Loyce!

Unknown said...

Thank you, Margo. I can't wait for you to come back to Florida. We have a lot of catching up to do.