Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fountain Planter


My daughter bought this pretty little flower cluster called Ageratum to plant in an old fountain she had. The pump was broken and it had cracked over the previous winter and it was too pretty to throw away, so she turned it into a planter. (See image below) I think she had a great idea.

She bought the plants with a color design in mind and had her husband, Gary, move the new planter in front of the house. All the flowers are annuals, so they'll have to be replanted next year, but it gives her the flexibility to be able to change the color scheme each year. She has such a creative mind. I admire her for it.

This is a great way to recycle or better yet, reuse and do her part by keeping things out of the landfill. What a way to go green.

2 comments:

suruha said...

That is really clever and so pretty! You've passed the torch to the next generation and taught her well!

I had always wanted a bird bath. Then, one day, driving past a trash pile in front of a house, I saw a broken one. I stopped, made 'sure' no one was watching, snagged all the parts - it was in 3 pieces, and took it home. It is amazing what some Elmer's Carpenter's Glue can do! I had my bird bath!

The top wasn't the broken part, thank goodness. It was so fun watching birds flit around in the water! Well worth the stop in front of that house that day. LOL

Enjoyed your post!

Su

Unknown said...

Love your story, Su. It's amazing what you can do with a couple little tricks and simple tools.

Their trash is really your treasure--and, it's not in our landfill.