Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fungus

I finally remembered to take my photo of the day. This is #1/365. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this up.

I've never seen fungus growing on a Palm tree before and was really surprised to see this one. This is growing up near the growth bulb of a Cabbage Palm.

I probably have never noticed it before because I've never seen the growth bulb of a Palm tree up close. I was in the parking lot where I work in Bradenton, FL and looked out over the ledge of the second floor. There it sat growing on the Palm tree.

There is no identification of this fungus listed because I couldn't find it in any book that I have. I did a quick search on the internet and couldn't find it there, either. I must admit this isn't the prettiest photo I've taken, but I find fungus to be very interesting. I also like the yellow color and lines in this particular variety.

If you can identify it, I'd be most appreciative.

No comments: