Friday, January 6, 2012

Red-winged Blackbird

Didn't get out shooting today, but I found one in my archives to post.

Red-winged Blackbirds have eluded me for years. They know how to get into the deep parts of the tree where I just couldn't get off a decent shot. This is my first one that I've managed to catch off guard.

The Depth of Field or perspective isn't perfect, but I still like the shot probably because it's the first time I been able to capture one on camera.

Red-winged Blackbirds are viewed as a health hazard because after the breeding season, the gather with other Blackbirds forming huge flocks numbering in the hundred of thousands to millions according to the National Audubon Society Field Guide.

2 comments:

Yaakov Roche said...

Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to be free
Paul McCartney

Unknown said...

Cool lyrics. They go well with my photo. Thank you, Jimmy.