Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Columbia Restaurant Panoramic


You'll have to click on this one to get the full view.

This pano was created with 9 shots of this amazing restaurant. I took these shots on Saturday while out with my group on our monthly trolley tour of Tampa.

The Columbia Restaurant is the oldest restaurant in the Ybor City district of Tampa. It was established in 1905 and now there are several chains throughout the Tampa Bay area. None of the chains are anywhere near as ornate as this one, though. This place is a must see. It sits on both sides of a block on N 21st St in Ybor City. All the windows and doorways are framed with beautifully painted tiles.
This is a closeup of some of the tiles above a doorway. The work is stunning, although I don't know who to credit for it.

I haven't gone inside to photograph the interior as of yet, but plan to in the near future. When we were there on Saturday, it was too busy. I'd like to go some time during the week when it's not quite as busy. They serve Cuban Cuisine and although I haven't ate at this one, I've ate at one of the chains and the food was delicious.

1 comment:

Jim S said...

Loyce, what a great idea for capturing the facade of this historic location. The inclusion of the people in the image is a nice touch as well. It brings life and vibrancy to the scene.