Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tampa Convention Center Detail

This is another shot from yesterday's trolley tour shoot. My friend showed me a photo he took of just the center corner showing the disco balls, and of course, I had to one-up him. This is my version.

I like the way the curve of the dome on the ceiling mimics the curve of the disco balls, while the sharp angles of the corner and the posts mimic the squares in the design on the bottom of the wall under the window cut-outs.

Although it's slightly asymmetrical, I'm happy with the way it turned out. I didn't want to include the whole dome, just a little hint of it. I think had I included the dome, it would've taken away from the rest of the design.

There's a lot to be learned when several photographers go out together to shoot. We not only share tips and techniques but we challenge one another and ourselves. If you're into photography, give it a try and see what you can come up with.

No comments: