Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tricolored Heron

Today my friends and I went to Wall Springs Park in Palm Harbor, FL to check it out. We were a little disappointed because there wasn't much wildlife to shoot, and hardly and flowers. The park is more of a walking park. It's in a safe area and it has paved paths.

While walking around we spotted this Tricolored Heron. I like the was he was just standing at the bottom of the steps. I also like the way the colors on the old concrete compliment the bird's plumage.

Wall Springs Park got it's name from the natural spring that feeds it's lake. The water is a warm, 74 deg F year-round. There is no swimming in it and it's sparkling, crystal clear. I took this fish photo in the spring where it comes up from the aquifer. This shot was made with no polarizing lens to reduce the reflections on the water. I just had to keep moving around until the reflections were minimized.

If anyone knows what kind of fish this is, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know.

No comments: