Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One More From the Don Cesar

Last month, while we were shooting the hotels, I spotted this scene from the Cupola in the Don Cesar. I've seen scenes like this before, but never got the opportunity to actually shoot one.

What attracted me the most was the view of the beach and the Gulf of Mexico from this window. If you've never been to the beaches at the Gulf, you'd remember this beautiful white sand--and yes, it is this white.

I'm originally from New England and the sand on the beaches is very deep, mostly granite and very hot on the feet. It's difficult to walk on it in the heat of the day. The sand here is extremely fine, and as you can see, white and for some reason it stays cool no matter how much the sun beats on it. I believe it's mostly sea shell and salt, but I'm not really sure.

Anyway, this is one of my favorite shots from that day.

1 comment:

NikonSniper said...

great photos and composition.
nikonsniper